[LUNA] Anyone have a FW-SCSI external adapter?

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.us
Wed Dec 11 00:13:14 CST 2013

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, Bob Nance wrote:
> Is that a PCI card? I will ask them if they want us to pursue getting
> the data. The drives are connected to an early Dell PERC with SCSI
> interfaces. I am not even sure I will be able to read the data once we
> get everything connected.

PERC3 or PERC4? PERC3 are Adaptec AAC, PERC4, 5, and 6 are AMI MegaRAID
/ LSI Logic.

You can get away with rebuilding an LSI Logic RAID virtual drive without
scrubbing or wiping the drives. Not so sure about backward
compatibility, and I don't think I kept a Series 493 card around after
the last clean-out.

I wouldn't have the faintest idea to go about reassembling a RAID
container from two drives given forensic tools. Probably a good subject
to look into....

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst