[LUNA] newer AMD64 chipset support ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Mon Dec 23 00:19:22 CST 2013

.... I am looking at upgrading this hardware (AMD64X2 3800+ CPU, socket
AM2, GA-M61SME-S2 mbd, nVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 405 chipset, running
Fedora 14 64-bit, *old*) at some point .... I am looking at newish AMD
APU based boards/boxen, either higher end (A88X chipset, A10-6800 APU's)
or smaller (AMD E1800 APU based). I want to run CentOS 6.n if possible,
thought I might look at FreeBSD. I want stability & tranquility :-). I
am having a hard time finding out if these newer chipsets/APU's are
supported under either CentOS 6.n *or* FreeBSD. FreeBSD only mentions
AMD Athlon™64 (“Clawhammer") CPU s as supported under FreeBSD 9.2
(current stable) & no mention that I can find of chipsets (see
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.2R/hardware.html) .... worse for
CentOS/RHEL 6.n .... would anyone happened to know reasonably
authoritatively if these APU's/chipsets definitely *are* or *are not*
supported under these OS's :-) ? TIA & merry Christmas ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III

	"A&E needs 'Duck Dynasty' FAR MORE than
	 Duck Dynasty needs A&E !!!!"