[LUNA] LVM drive portability

Bob Nance bob.nance at novationsys.com
Tue May 14 17:09:02 CDT 2013

As I recall from my SGI days:

	plug in the drives
	check the physical volumes of the newly-attached drives with pvscan - this should report the name of the volume group in its output
	import the volume group with vgimport
	activate the volume group with "vgchange -ay" (might not be needed since the old system went kaput while the drives were still active)
	mount the new volume(s) with mount