[LUNA] Mbd question ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sun Nov 3 08:07:25 CST 2013

On 11/03/13 07:56, Matt wrote:
> On 11/03/2013 08:57 AM, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>>
>> .... I am looking at this mbd for a desktop build (to run CentOS 6.n, to
>> bring it on topic):
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135363
>>
>> Inspection of the pics on Newegg indicates only one (1) PS/2 port,
>> colored 1/2 green & 1/2 magenta. Is this port for keyboard *AND* mouse,
>> or keyboard *OR* mouse ? SGI's used to have 1 port for both, which is
>> what motivates the question. TIA ....
> If you plug a PS/2 keyboard in there, it'll work.
>
> If you plug a PS/2 mouse in there, it'll work.
>
> (where did you find a working PS/2 mouse/keyboard? :)
>
> #matt

SGI used to have them back in the day, mouse plugged into one end of
kbd, other end plugged into PS/2 port on computer, signals for both
apparently went through same cable to computer. Convenient packaging,
probably proprietary, I was just curious what extra stuff I was/am gonna
need to complete the build .... Thanx & have a nice day :-) .....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III