[LUNA] Linux and custom hardware

Allen Krell allen.krell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:05:10 CDT 2013

Linux drivers aren't as difficult as they sound.   I believe O'reilly has a
standard book, and there is information online.   You have two choices,
loadable modules and kernel modules.  For first step, consider a simple
loadable module which just passes the interrupt up to user space.  There
was a big redesign between kernel 2.4 and 2.6, but I haven't been actively
involved in that world since 2.6 kernel.