[LUNA] Help with google earth and steam

Michael W. Hall hallmw at att.net
Sun Aug 31 22:43:33 CDT 2014

I had these two programs installed and they were both working.  I have
installed the updated that the Update Manager installs.  I do know if
that caused the problem or not.

With google earth, it says that ./googleearth-bin does not exist.  I can
go to /opt/google/earth/free (believe that is the location) and the file
is there.  I have all three, googleearth, google-earth, and
googleearth-bin.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Steam reports that libc.so.6 is missing.  I have that on my system and
have made symlinks to it in /lib and /usr/lib still get the same error.

I did install McAfee on my system and I did find something about it
causing a problem with applications not running.  Here is a link:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78860&pmv=print

I did all the steps except copying the pam_* files.  They were not where
the instructions said.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael