[LUNA] Mailing list moderation

John Price jp_luna at gcfl.net
Wed Jan 29 15:38:18 CST 2014

I run quite a few mailing lists and I've had problems in the past with
SPAMmers actually subscribing to the lists and sending their SPAM.  That's
why all new subscribers are moderated by default. Once you send the first
message to the list and looks legitimate, I turn off the moderation and you
are free to post away.

This is not fool-proof (I've had one spammer actually post what looked like
a legitimate message, then when they were unmoderated started sending SPAM)
but it cuts down on the SPAM considerably.

Sorry if this is a hassle... I just really hate SPAM.

Thanks,
John