[LUNA] OT: Job opportunity

Bob Nance bob.nance at novationsys.com
Fri Jul 25 17:03:54 CDT 2014

This project is moving forward. I have received only ONE résumé and would like to fill all of these positions. These jobs are south of Nashville in the Franklin/Cold Springs Mall area. Though the engagement is for a contractor, all of the positions are intended to be “contract to hire” for someone that lives or is willing to move to Nashville for this work.

Salary and benefits are provided by my company (or I can 1099 you and pay you a higher rate, if you want to take care of your own taxes and benefits).

Here is the first job description. Though I will be filling this role to begin with, this position will become permanent and I would like to work someone into it.

Please send résumés to candidates at novationsys.com for consideration. I will be making calls next week.

JOB DESCRIPTION: DevOps Engineer
 The Team
DevOps is a new role charged with leading the technical operational capability (both external and internal) at Lampo across a broad range of disciplines. Lampo has and continues to grow at an incredible velocity. The key to sustaining this growth is maintaining a reliable customer experience, evolving our product and services in new and engaging ways and being innovative in how we deliver our mission globally. The DevOps role is essential for all of this and will be responsible for automation and instrumentation to accelerate application provisioning, deployment, monitoring, and support. This role will be responsible for our production, staging, test, development and beta environments, including release management, scripting changes, system monitoring and alerts, patch levels, etc. You will also be an integral part in scaling out our platform as we grow.

Responsibilities:
	• Develop an integrated strategy to achieve application lifecycle agility.
	• Develop and maintain automated processes operating on public and private cloud infrastructure to address application provisioning, capacity planning, infrastructure management, lifecycle operations, and system administration.
	• Create and maintain operational documentation pertaining to all operational workflows and standard operating procedures.
	• Identify and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues; lead, facilitate or participate in prompt resolution.
	• Create and maintain standards-based tooling to support configuration automation that ensures speed, consistency, and quality in a critical application management task
Qualifications:
	• Expert in supporting production application provisioning and platforms to include cloud such as AWS.
	• Familiar with measurement, optimization, and tuning system performance to achieve high reliably, resiliency, and availability in a 24/7 production environment.
	• Proficient in operating system, application, session, and network monitoring tools, frameworks and processes.
	• Proficient in release and change management, incident and problem management both from a technology and process perspective.
	• Proficient in scrum and agile application development techniques.
	• Proficient in creating, maintaining, and debugging system configurations and application code.
	• Proficient in mobile app and platform support.
	• Proficient with Linux (Red Hat and CentOS) and/or UNIX systems and networks.
	• Proficient with cloud technologies like openstack.
	• Expert in scripting (python, ruby, perl, bash) and experience programming against cloud hosting APIs such as AWS.
	• Experienced in full automation and configuration management using puppet and/or chef.
	• Familiar with penetration testing and intrustion detection systems.
Preferred Qualifications:
	• Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic
	• Mysql, MSSQL, Mongo (or other NoSQL)
	• RabbitMQ (or other messaging)
	• Capistrano
	• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
	• Chef, Puppet
	• JIRA or AtTask
	• Artifactory or Nexus
	• Jenkins or Hudson, Sonar, TravisCI
Core attributes:
	• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
	• Ability to code and script
	• Experience with systems and IT operations
	• Comfortable with with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
	• Strong grasp of automation tools
	• Data management skills
	• A strong focus on business outcomes
	• Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
	• Ability and desire to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced start-up environment and be able to handle several projects and tasks simultaneously

---
  Bob Nance
  Novation Systems
  bob.nance at novationsys.com