[LUNA] xfinity (Allen Krell)

egkenny at comcast.net egkenny at comcast.net
Fri Jun 13 00:57:21 CDT 2014

Comcast has been in the process of doubling the speed of some of its tiers for a few months now region by region. Some people with Performance 25Mbps will be upgraded to Blast! 50Mbps and people with Blast! 50Mbps will to be upgraded to Extreme 105Mbps. Note this is only supposed to happen for people with certain double and triple play packages.

I have not received anything official from the Huntsville office yet but got the free upgrade by calling and asking for it back in April. I have HD Preferred Plus XF triple play which comes with Blast! internet so now I am getting Extreme 105. I am using the same Comcast Arris TG862G Gateway (DOCSIS 3.0) as before so it was just a matter of Comcast sending an update to it.