[LUNA] IP address

Paul F. Pearson pfpearson at mchsi.com
Fri Mar 21 13:30:23 CDT 2014

Unless I'm mistaken (I inferred this from the RHEL6 ip(8) man page), the "new fangled" tools I've been describing are officially known as the Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Controls, http://lartc.org/

I can only comment in confidence on RHEL and Arch (the only distros on which I've had to think about the issue):
* Arch seems to have standardized on the LARTC; I imagine the older tools can still be used
* RHEL 6 still has ifconfig as well as the LARTC
* RHEL 7 beta has (according to reports) removed ifconfig.

------
Paul F. Pearson
We all laugh in the same language