[LUNA] OT: micro SD in a RPIB+ ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Nov 6 23:14:16 CST 2014

On 11/06/14 10:22, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> .... I recently bought a Raspberry B+ kit from NewEgg, came w/ the
> RPiB+, case, GPIO cables, & a nice little PSU. The box says it takes a
> micro SD card to load the OS. I bought some of these as well (micro
> SDHC's, actually, but they came up in a search for micro SD on
> NewEgg), & loaded a variant of NetBSD on 1 of them. Upon inspection of
> the 'micro SD' slots on the mbd, I don't see how these cards fit :-/
> .... The slots are much wider that they appear to need to be, almost
> enough for a regular SD card, but too thin for that. Any clues for me
> as to how these cards fit in/on this mbd :-) ? TIA & have a nice day ....

Sooooooo tacky to self reply, but crisis defused:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2598363/how-to-set-up-raspberry-pi-the-little-computer-you-can-cook-into-diy-tech-projects.html

The little weasel mounts *under* the mbd, there is a slot in the case
for it & everything .... who knew ?

--

	William A. Mahaffey III