[LUNA] DeathStar (ATT) U-verse warp drive

Bob Nance bob.nance at novationsys.com
Sat Nov 15 12:02:22 CST 2014

If you have the fiber-based uVerse instead of the repackaged DSL, you can get 18Mb/s as the top download speed. That's a good speed for home and has really low latency. I usually see 25-40ms to most sites and it's consistent per site.

Comcast has 25/5 for around $30/mo in some areas with no contract . Their home service with a contract is generally 50/10 for $40/mo. Speed is consistently good, but their latency to most sites I hit is in the 50-90ms range and it fluctuates very annoyingly.

---
 Bob Nance
 Novation Systems
 256-534-4620