[LUNA] iproute2 tools for investigating multicast

Paul F. Pearson pfpearson at mchsi.com
Tue Aug 11 09:37:02 CDT 2015

I'm on a RHEL6 box, and have been asked to look into some strange multicast behavior. Sadly, networking is one of my weakest areas.

Without going into too much detail, we have a computer that appears to stop receiving multicast traffic, while other computers with the same software and configuration on the same switch don't.

I recall some folks using netstat -gn to get multicast information. I saw online that netstat is being deprecated in lieu of the iproute2 tools. If that's the case, what are the newer, "better", tools to use? Also, any pointers to resources to help diagnose this would be appreciated.

------
Paul F. Pearson
We all laugh in the same language