[LUNA] Problems w/ rsync ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 13 09:26:34 CDT 2015

On 08/13/15 09:21, Branden Harper wrote:
> On the q6600,are you filtering outbound traffic or just inbound?  Do you
> have an "ESTABLISHED, RELATED" inbound rule?
>
> Another question: why not use rsync via ssh?  You can tell sshd to only
> allow root login by rsa key.

I am only filtering inbound, not outbound & I *DO* have a 'ESTABLISHED,
RELATED' rule. I *think* rsync invokes ssh internally for some of its
work, as per the manpage, not certain about that. I have already setup
root logins to the RPi from other LAN boxen via RSA key & retried my
rsync command, still nogo. How would I go about using rsync via ssh ? I
could try that & see if it goes, if so, *HOOOORAY* !!!!

--

	William A. Mahaffey III