[LUNA] Linux SIG, meeting, talkfest, hootenany, whatever!

Bob Nance bob.nance at novationsys.com
Thu Aug 13 13:06:52 CDT 2015

> Since we're top posting, I'll answer here.  I looked at meetup.com which would cost from $5 to $15 a month to host a group.  Got any ideas for a free site?  We should be able to coordinate here on the list, shouldn't we?

The iPhone makes me top-post. I am too lazy to try and fix every single message I create!

The reason I suggested a meetup or similar service is that you can let people know that are not on the list, as well as provide a way to have sign-ups or RSVPs. It there is a free version of this, that would work, too. We have a computer running this list, maybe it can be used to handle a website, too.

Other than that, we can certainly coordinate through the mailing list and word of mouth. I could go record a message at WLRH, too :)

> As for a meeting spot, y'all are welcome to show up at our meeting on Sat morning 12 Sept 2015.  We also have an informal meeting at the library that afternoon on an ad hoc basis.  The downtown Huntsville library probably has other free meeting room options that could be used temporarily as a meeting place.  It is centrally located, more or less.

That’s not a bad idea. I don’t run Linux on a PC, though, and I don’t run Windows on anything, if I can help it, so the majority of a PCUG meeting sounds like a waste of time for me :D

> Anyway, I'm open to reserving a room at the library or some other free place if I can get an approximate consensus.

I am good with the Huntsville Library for a meeting. Count me in. I am home most weekends and only go to a couple of ball games during football season.

Before we meet, we should probably consider having a program or topic for the meeting.

-Bob