[LUNA] Question on Xmnodad, GNOME, and RHEL6

Paul F. Pearson pfpearson at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 3 14:00:40 CST 2015

Like most things, I finally found the answer on the ArchWiki. xrandr was catching mod-p. I did

$ gconftool-2 -s /org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/xrandr/active false --type string

and now mod-p brings up dmenu (which I like, now that I've actually used it!).

Likewise, the following makes Xmonad my window manager when I connect via rdesktop:

$ gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager xmonad --type string

Now, I need to tell Windows' remote desktop client to pass the Windows key -- the options are behaving as I expect. I may have to find an alternative binding for mod.

------
Paul F. Pearson
We all laugh in the same language