[LUNA] Any interesting projects y'all wanna talk about?

Michael Hall hallmw at att.net
Fri Jun 7 14:27:22 CDT 2019

 Well I have a problem.  I have an Alienware 15 R3 laptop running Ubuntu Mate 16.04.  I shut it down this morning and when I turned it back on I get the BIOS boot screen.  After that I get a blank screen with a flashing cursor that looks like _ .  I am guessing that something got corrupted.  Can I boot with a USB stick and fix or at least copy my home directory?  I would really like to just get that and some other items and I will just install 18.04.
ThanksMichael