[LUNA] Reply-To discussion

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.us
Wed Apr 24 04:57:20 CDT 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> > Typically, in a group like LUNA, replies to posts are intended as
> > edification for the group. By changing the default behavior to reply
> > to the sender, as opposed to the group, means that either a lot of
> > messages are sent twice (once to the user, then, oops, once to the
> > group) or never received by the entire group. In the first case, the
> > original sender receives two copies of the reply. In the second, the
> > rest of us answer the same question the same way 32 more times back
> > to the original sender.
> >
> > I like reply-to the group. I'd rather the EXCEPTION be to reply to the
> > sender.
> >
> > -Bob
> >
> > PS The default behavior seems to be reply-to-sender, at the moment. I had to
> > press "Reply-to-All" after I started this message.

Reply to group, like every other mailing list on the planet &
Yahoogroups.

You had to click something after you started the message? I had to
read, think, and respond to a prompt before I started typing this!

*shakes fist*

*trips over something unseen, knocks over a stack of punch cards*

Oh noes! My memoirs!

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst