[LUNA] Printing to Brother QL-710W label printer with Linux

Jon Hood squinky86 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:13:58 CDT 2013

I had a different little Brother printer set up in Ubuntu before after a
little bit of difficulty. I was only ever able to get it to work with the
official Brother driver:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_esp.h
tml#QL-710W

after updating the firmware from a Windows computer:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_index.
html?reg=us
<http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_index
.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=lpql710weus&dlid=&flang=English&os=98&type2=-
1> &c=us&lang=en&prod=lpql710weus&dlid=&flang=English&os=98&type2=-1

-Jon