[LUNA] Unix training & book recommendation

Chris Key crkey at crkey.com
Sat Mar 22 07:04:13 CDT 2014

Basic goals:
Know how to login
Navigate the file system
Where to find logs
How to configure, start and stop services
Use grep, sed, awk to process log or data files, ex. Convert CSV to LDIF, pull only specific items out of logs
Introduced to Perl and shell scripting
Securely transfer files between servers, including automated
Schedule tasks via cron
Set or change IP addressing, troubleshoot network connections

Am I missing anything?  I'm sure I am.

Christopher R Key

PwC | Director
Mobile: 256-527-7884 | Fax: 813-329-5162
Email: christopher.r.key at us.pwc.com
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
1075 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
http://www.pwc.com/us