[LUNA] $240 laptop

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 15 14:37:03 CST 2014

On 11/15/14 12:42, Allen Krell wrote:

When I upgraded in August to this box (desktop), I determined that it
was mostly I/O slowing the old one down (also desktop). I suspect that
*any* contemporary laptop should be AOK w/ more modern I/O, maybe even a
SSD root drive .... My old box was an AMD645X2 3800+, 2GB RAM, w/ SATA I
I/O, & it was the I/O that was bogged down. You should be AOK w/ a
modern Celeron & 4 GB RAM .... $0.02, no more, no less ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III