[LUNA] Problems w/ rsync ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 13 09:47:24 CDT 2015

On 08/13/15 09:36, Branden Harper wrote:
> rsync root at host://local/path/
>
> If it works, you can disable the rsyncd.

That's what I am doing now (snipped out a few posts ago, but you can go
back & verify), so still in the drink. I have sshd running on the RPiB+,
w/ rsync invoked from inetd (also running), & the error message is
labelled 'inetd_opp_failed' or some such:

[root at Q6600:/etc, Thu Aug 13, 09:46 AM] 1217 # rsync -avviiz
root at rpitimer::root /home/rsync/RPiTimer
opening tcp connection to rpitimer port 873
rsync: failed to connect to rpitimer (*inet_ntop failed*): Connection
refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.8]
[root at Q6600:/etc, Thu Aug 13, 09:46 AM] 1217 #

Could the problem be w/ inetd in some way. Again, nothing in any of the
relevant logfiles :-/ ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."