[LUNA] Problems w/ rsync ....

Branden Harper bharper at chaosweb.us
Thu Aug 13 10:25:32 CDT 2015

I went back through the thread, and I didn't see where you're using the ssh
syntax anywhere.  Maybe I missed it?

The big differences between rsyncd- and ssh-style transport is A) The
number of colons (one for ssh, two for rsync); and B) the path spec: ssh
uses absolute and relative paths, while rsync uses "profiles".

rsync -avviiz root at rpitimer::root /home/rsync/RPiTimer  # Calls rsyncd with
profile "root"

rsync -avviiz root at rpitimer:/ /home/rsync/RPiTimer/    #Calls ssh with path
/

You can add more -v's to see what commands it's actually running.