[LUNA] Problems w/ rsync ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 13 11:07:58 CDT 2015

On 08/13/15 10:31, Branden Harper wrote:
> I went back through the thread, and I didn't see where you're using the ssh
> syntax anywhere.  Maybe I missed it?
>
> The big differences between rsyncd- and ssh-style transport is A) The
> number of colons (one for ssh, two for rsync); and B) the path spec: ssh
> uses absolute and relative paths, while rsync uses "profiles".
>
> rsync -avviiz root at rpitimer::root /home/rsync/RPiTimer  # Calls rsyncd with
> profile "root"
>
> rsync -avviiz root at rpitimer://home/rsync/RPiTimer/     #Calls ssh with path
> /
>
> You can add more -v's to see what commands it's actually running.

*Booooyah* !!!! I just tried the 'single :' invocation & it is working
:-). *Hoooooray* !!!! However, it did prompt for a passwd, even though I
configured it to allow root access from the Q6600 (& tested it then, it
worked) this A.M. I think that will interfere w/ automated backups,
which I am *ANAL* about, I will test that when this 1st backup gets done
& see how that goes. Thanks for all the help :-).

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.