[LUNA] Quiet list ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sat Mar 21 09:37:41 CDT 2015

On 03/20/15 17:54, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> On 03/20/15 16:12, Branden Harper wrote:
>> I use the command 'dmidecode'.  It will give you a lot of
>> information, so
>> pipe it to a file or less
>> On Mar 20, 2015 3:39 PM, "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam at hiwaay.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> .... so let's stir up a bit of conversation. I have a small Q6600-based
>>> server running FC14 64-bit, terminally patched up. Is there a (CLI)
>>> command
>>> to get a summary of the properties of the various slots on the MB (Tyan
>>> Tomcat Q35, BTW) ? I am gonna upgrade it to CentOS 6 in the near
>>> future &
>>> may add RAID card(s) & want to know about the available slots before I
>>> order. TIA & have a nice day ....
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>>          William A. Mahaffey III

> Thanks, I tried dmidecode -t slot & got a synopsis of 4 PCI slots & 2
> PCIE slots, but I want a bit more info (how many lanes in PCIE slots)
> .... man page provides no clues, nor does lspci .... Any other ideas ?
> Thanks, BTW & TIA ....

*Sooooooo* tacky to self-reply, but just to close this off, 'lspci -vv |
grep -B 20 Width' *did* give me the info I wanted. Unfortunately, as
warned about in the man pages, it was/is wrong :-/ .... I eventually
located the manual for this board & got the info I was looking for, so
this mater is .... closed, sorta successfully .... Thanks :-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III