[LUNA] Wowway service ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Mon Sep 21 09:37:42 CDT 2015

On 09/21/15 09:33, Allen Krell wrote:
> I think it was just an excuse to get me off my old grandfathered Knology
> plan.  I bought a Motorola Arris modem at Gigaparts for $79.  I might have
> shaved a few dollars going somewhere else, but I stop by there when I
> can.    I am consistently getting 30 MB down now, they had dropped me to
> 4MB down (ug!)
>
> I debated whether I needed a MTA modem for my phone service, but apparently
> my conversion to analog happens in the box outside the house, not in my
> cable modem.   So, I didn't get that feature.

They told me I was coming in on a 12 Mbps plan (June 2014) that was
going to be transitioned to 30 Mbps in July at no cost to me. I have a
DOCSIS 3.n modem, Motorola Arris 6121, I think. However, I am not
getting anywhere near 30 Mbps, more like 6-7 Mbps, especially for large
downloads (ISO's, etc.) .... The price is fairly right, so I'm just
going w/ the flow for now ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III