[LUNA] Is there a successor to OpenMosix?

strages strages at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 13:51:39 CDT 2019

I remember playing with ClusterKnoppix back in the day and reeling with the
idea of someday all my computers running openmosix by default and sharing
resources.  Little did I know that the project would die with the 2.4
kernel.  Supposedly LinuxPMI was the successor but I can't seem to figure
out what happened to it.  Anyways, my point is, now we all have the ability
to have an army of computers doing their particular tasks and mostly out of
sight.  The cheap single board computers are nice and seemingly getting
better all the time.  I just wish I knew how to cluster them all together
with preemptive process migration and the like that openmosix provided.
Anyone know of anything like it?

Before we veer down this road, I'm not interested in clustering wherein the
software must be written to utilize a master/slave architecture.  I just
want each individual computer to be itself but have the resources of the
entire cluster at its disposal.

Raymond