[LUNA] Is there a successor to OpenMosix?

Bob Nance bob.nance at novationsys.com
Sun Jun 23 20:52:37 CDT 2019

The only clustering I have done on Linux in the past few years was based on Beowulf (not written by Geoffrey Chaucer)

https://www.beowulf.org

On 6/23/19, 1:51 PM, "LUNA on behalf of strages" <luna-bounces_bob.nance=novationsys.com at lunagroup.us on behalf of strages at gmail.com> wrote:

    I remember playing with ClusterKnoppix back in the day and reeling with the
    idea of someday all my computers running openmosix by default and sharing
    resources.  Little did I know that the project would die with the 2.4
    kernel.  Supposedly LinuxPMI was the successor but I can't seem to figure
    out what happened to it.  Anyways, my point is, now we all have the ability
    to have an army of computers doing their particular tasks and mostly out of
    sight.  The cheap single board computers are nice and seemingly getting
    better all the time.  I just wish I knew how to cluster them all together
    with preemptive process migration and the like that openmosix provided.
    Anyone know of anything like it?

    Before we veer down this road, I'm not interested in clustering wherein the
    software must be written to utilize a master/slave architecture.  I just
    want each individual computer to be itself but have the resources of the
    entire cluster at its disposal.

    Raymond