[LUNA] Oddball question ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sat Aug 23 12:02:25 CDT 2014

.... I just got done upgrading my daily driver. I am going to re-purpose
the old one into a monowall box. However, the old one is also currently
the ntpd server for my LAN. I might be able to podge another box
together to do that job, assuming some apparently non-functional
hardware is really just playing possum, or .... I could drop <$40.00 on
a Raspberry Pi B+ from NewEgg & use that. it is running some sort of
Linux, either directly (Debian or arch images are available) or its own
OS which I think is Linux derived. I figure I should be able to get ntpd
going, especially on the Debian & use that box as an ntpd server for the
network .... Whaddaya think, good idea, all wet, something else .... TIA
for advice &/or opinions ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III