[LUNA] Free Pascal, Lazarus, and Dev-Pascal

Paul F. Pearson pfpearson at mchsi.com
Tue Feb 18 14:31:22 CST 2014

I haven't attempted Free Pascal or Lazarus (the two seem intimately intertwined, even though fpc technically doesn't require Lazarus) on Winodw; only briefly have I looked on Linux. I'd expect Lazarus to mostly "just work" in Windows but I've been wrong a lot lately. Making sure your paths don't have spaces in them should help a lot.

My only comment is that Bloodshed Dev-C++ is often considered "out of date"; the last update was 3 days short of 8 years ago. This saddens me, as I enjoyed it years ago. I recall Code::Blocks (I see you have it installed) being a frequently recommended alternative. See [1] for further opinion.

[1] http://clicktobegin.net/programming/why-you-shouldnt-use-dev-c/

------
Paul F. Pearson
We all laugh in the same language