[LUNA] various boot questions/notes

Allen Krell allen.krell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:09:47 CST 2014

I just got in my Dell Inspiron, and this is my first experience dealing
with windows 8.1 machines and newest laptops.

Already I noticed one thing, a windows 8.1 restart isn't really a complete
restart.  If you want to get to BIOS/UEFI, you have to power down.  F2
doesn't respond on restart.

Now, I am trying to get up to speed on Legacy Boot/UEFI.   I have a basic
understanding on how UEFI works, but I am not clear on which distributions
support it.   Does anyone have a one paragraph explanation or a good link
on the best way to proceed to get a dual boot machine?

Allen