[LUNA] Issues w/ UBCD ....

Gayle Lee Fairless fairless at HiWAAY.net
Fri May 15 06:38:42 CDT 2015

How did the bootable USB adventure go?

If you can't use Windows, then the LiveCD from Knoppix.net will make its
own bootable flash drive.  Or, of course, if you wish to donate to a
good cause, you can just simply purchase your choice of LiveCD, LiveDVD,
or already prepared flash drive from their store.  I went first to
www.Knoppix.net website.

>     Knoppix is a Live Linux CD / Live DVD based on Debian GNU/Linux
>

> This website is about *Knoppix*, a Free and Open Source Live Linux CD.
> Knoppix is a GNU/Linux distribution that boots and runs completely
> from CD or DVD and can be used to read and write Windows and other
> partitions (among other clever tricks).

Knoppix and some other distributions allow persistence layers on flash
drives.  That permits the flash drive to retain some of your changes.
On Knoppix it is possible to password protect the layer.  Don't forget
the password!  There is no practicable way to recover it if it is forgotten!

Any cheap sources for flash drives?  I have gotten HP flash drives off
Amazon and perhaps TigerDirect.

Sincerely,
(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless
fairless at ieee.org